Aaron GothelfRegional Director
Judicate West100 Pine Street, Suite 1950
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: (415) 266-1242 Alternate: (800) 488-8805 Fax: (415) 266-1243 Email: Melissa@judicatewest.com Website: www.judicatewest.com
Arbitration; Mediation; Special Master.
Early Neutral Evaluation; Private Judging;
Judicate West is one of California?s leading providers of private dispute resolution services with a distinguished roster of proven neutrals, including retired state and federal court judges and attorney mediators and arbitrators from a variety of practice areas. Founded in 1993, the firm prides itself on delivering quality service through integrity, flexibility and a commitment to being the gold standard in alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Judicate West has offices in Santa Ana, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco.
Barri Kaplan BonapartOwner
Bonapart & Associates591 Redwood Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941 Phone: (415) 332-3313 Fax: (415) 332-4603 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.got-peace.com
Court Discovery Facilitator/Referee; Private Judge; Parenting Coordinator.
Tree and Neighbor Law; Real Estate Disputes; Complex Commercial Issues; Construction; Land Use; Personal Injury; Insurance; Product Liability.
Initial training in 1990's at Pepperdine University's Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution & the Center for Mediation In Law; dozens of courses (training & teaching) since; neutral since 1996; Founder and Principal of Bonapart Resolution.
JD, Boalt Hall, UC Berkeley, 1985; BA/BA, Poli Sci/Mass Comm, UC Berkeley, 1982.
Referee, facilitator & pro tem settlement judge in various jurisdictions.
Nominee Real Property Person of the Year - 2013.
Understanding Tree Law: A Handbook for Practitioners (Thomson Reuters 2014); dozens of articles on mediation and real property law.
Kevin T. HaroffPartner
Marten Law PLLC555 Montgomery Street, Suite 820
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: (415) 860-3356 Alternate: (415) 684-9359 Fax: (415) 684-9360 Email: email@example.com Website: www.martenlaw.com
Engaged in multiple high-profile ADR proceedings and negotiations for more than 35 years as an attorney and partner with several national and international law firms. Matters have included complex environmental, land use, insurance, governmental and commercial disputes. Over 70 hours of training in California mediation and arbitration procedures and practices.
J.D. Cornell Law School, 1981; MBA Cornell University, 1981; B.A. Philosophy/Psychology Cornell University 1977.
- State Bar of California, #123126 (1986)
- State Bar of New York, #2344653 (1985)
- State Bar of Texas, #09023000 (1982)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1991)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas (1982)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2003)
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California (1988)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (1986)
- Certificates in California Mediation and Arbitration
- American Bar Association (Environmental, Energy and Resources and International Law Sections)
- California State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Marin County Bar Association
- City Councilmember and former Mayor, City of Larkspur, Marin County California
- Member of the Board and Executive Committee, MCE Clean Energy (Marin, Napa, Solano, and Contra Costa Counties)
- Past Executive Board Member, Cornell Law School Alumni Association
- Past Member of the Board and Executive Committee, Voluntary Legal Services Program of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Past Member of the Board of Directors and Board Secretary, San Francisco Bar Association Foundation
- Past Trustee, World Affairs Council of Northern California
- Past Board Member, California Asia Business Council
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Northern California Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Kevin T. Haroff, EME Homer City v. EPA Affirms Role of Federalism in Environmental Regulation) The Legal Pulse (Wash. Legal Found., September 2012)
- Kevin T. Haroff, On Thin Air: Standing, Climate Change and the National Environmental Policy ActJ 46 Val. U. L. Rev. 411 (2012)
- Kevin T. Haroff and Amanda Leiter, On the Merits: EMEHomer City Generation v. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Wash. Legal Found., April 2012)
- Kevin T. Haroff, The New Environmental Paradigm: Trends and Strategies for Responding to the Challenge of Climate Change) The Legal Impact of Climate Change - Leading Lawyers on Navigating New Laws, Avoiding Liability, and Anticipating Future Challenges for Clients (Thompson Reuters, 2010 ed.)
- Kevin T. Haroff, Summers v. Earth Island Institute Reiterates Actual Injury Requirement for Citizen Suit Standing, 24:27 Legal Backgrounder (Wash. Legal Found., August 14, 2009)
- Kevin T. Haroff & Katherine K. Moore, Global Climate Change and the National Environmental Policy Act) 42 U.S.F.L. Rev. 155 (2007)
Marc P. BouretCEO
Bouret ADR & Mediation Firm1630 North Main Street, Suite 120
Walnut Creek, CA 94596-4609 Phone: (925) 210-0400 Alternate: (925) 360-1248 Fax: (925) 210-0401 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.adr-resolve.com
Arbitration; Mediation; Special Master.
Neutral Evaluation; Settlement Conferences; Conciliation; Fact finding Investigations; Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists; Ins. Code 2071 Appraisals.
Personal Injury/Wrongful Death; Business Commercial; Labor & Employment; Consumer-Lemon Law; Elder Care/Elder Abuse; Real Estate & Property; Product Liability; Premises Liability; Construction; Insurance Coverage.
40 years as Attorney; Extensive experience as professional mediator, arbitrator, neutral evaluator, since 1983, 441+ hours of in-depth training; Broad experience as an advocate, arbitrator in over 2,850+ hearings, mediator in over 4,300+ hearings; Certificates for Outstanding Contributions in delivery of ADR Services to Alameda County; Alameda County, Arbitrator Honor Roll (2002-2003); ADR website at www.adr-resolve.com.
BA, cum laude, pre-Law, University of the Pacific, 1975; MBA, Saint Mary's College, 1981; JD (AmJur-Criminal and Labor & law review), California Western School of Law, 1978.
California Bar, 1978; U.S. District Court, ND and ED Cal; Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit; U.S. Tax Court & U.S. Supreme Court.
Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation; Association For Conflict Resolution (ACR); Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin and Sonoma County Bar Associations; American Bar Association, Sections on Dispute Resolution; Director, Alameda County Bar Foundation, 1999-2002; Cal. Statewide Delegate, American Bar Association, 2002-2003; President, Alameda County Bar Association, 1998, and Director, 1994 - 1999; National Mediation Panel; NASD and NYSE past Arbitrator; Resolute Systems, Inc.
Distinguished Service Award, ACBA, 1993; Outstanding Attorney Volunteer Award, Volunteers in Parole, 2000; AV rated in Martindale-Hubbell; Rated 3 stars, Member www.mediate.com; President, Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, 1999 (Now Open Access).
Six Lead Law Review Articles Published.
Neil R. BardackPartner
Hanson Bridgett LLP425 Market Street, 26th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105 Phone: (415) 995-5849 Fax: (415) 995-3570 Email: email@example.com Website: www.hansonbridgett.com
AAA Arbitrator; SF Superior Judge Pro Tem; BASF Fee Arbitration Panel and Mediation; San Francisco Superior Court Mandatory Settlement Conference Panel.
Legal Malpractice; HOA/Davis Stirling Act Compliance; Real Estate and Leases; Business; Legal Malpractice; Commercial; Securities; Environmental & Natural Resources.
Longtime and skilled arbitrator with more than 42 years on the American Arbitration Association Commercial-Panel, arbitrating matters involving commercial, real estate, technology and securities. Also serves as a Pro Tem Judge for the San Francisco Superior Court and an arbitrator and mediator for the BASF Fee Dispute Panel.
J.D., Hastings College of the Law, 1970; A.B., cum laude, University of Southern California, 1967.
California Bar, 1970.
Fellow of the American Bar Foundation; Association of Business Trial Lawyers of Northern California.
Northern California Super Lawyer in 2004, 2005, 2006.
Author, "Selected Panelist and Contributor to Contract Negotiations and Preparation in the Oil and Gas Industry: Drafting Complete and Unambiguous Agreements," 2005, Lorman Education Services; Author, "California Supreme Court Clears the Way for Increased Judicial Review of Arbitration Awards," February 2009, The Bar Association of San Francisco Bulletin; Author, "Do's and Don't's on Maximizing Arbitration," October 2011, The Daily Journal; Co-Author, "Navigating Unconscionability Post-Concepcion," December 2011, Law 360; Co-Author, "Renewed Attention to Arbitration Agreements," April 2012, CALA Legal Update; Author, "What Executives and General Counsel Need to Know About Drafting ADR Provisions in Contracts," August 2012, ExecSense.
Richard J. IdellLawyer
The Idell Firm, A Professional Corporation18900 Carriger Rd.
Sonoma, CA 95476 Phone: (707) 938-7763 Alternate: (415) 986-2400 Fax: (707) 938-7764 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.idellfirm.com
Early Neutral Evaluation; Discovery Referee; Judge Pro Tempore.
Entertainment; Intellectual Property (copyright, trademark & publicity); Employment; Trade Secrets; Wine Law; Contracts; Real Estate; Corporate/Limited Liability Company Distputes; Personal Injury and other Tort Claims; Investment Disputes/Securities.
Serves on ADR panels of the Marin Superior Court, BASF Mediation Panel; American Arbitration Association Arbitration and Mediation Panels. Prior experience on the ADR Arbitration Panel of the US District Court, Northern District of California. Services as a panelist for BASF for mandatory fee arbitration matters. Private Arbitrations and Mediations. Mediation training includes 40 hours with Steve Rosenberg, training with California Lawyers for the Arts and annual CLEs. Arbitration Training, AAA University.
J.D., Law, Golden Gate University, 1976; A.B., Sociology, University of California, Berkeley, 1970.
American Bar Association Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries; Bay Area Gastronomique Entertainment Lawyers Societ; International Association of Entertainment Lawyers; American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section; Bar Association of San Francisco Intellectual Property Section; California Lawyers for the Arts.
Steven J. Geller, MAI, Esq., MRICSSenior Vice President
Newmark Knight Frank1333 N. California Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596 Phone: (925) 467-0902 Alternate: (925) 216-0770 Fax: (925) 838-4559 Email: steven.geller@NGKF.com Website: www.ngkf.com
Arbitration; Mediation; Settlement Mentor
Commercial Rent Arbitration/mediation; Insurance; Real Estate.
Appraisal; Valuation; Mediation; Expert Witness - Real Estate Valuation & Appraisal; Standard of Care - Appraisers; Diminution in value; Environmental; Water; Insurance, Business, Tax, Right-of-way.
Extensive Mediation Experience for California Department of Insurable for Disputes between Insured and Insurers for Fire, Earthquake and Vehicle; Extensive settlement mentor mediation experience, Contra Costa County Superior Court. 40 hour mediation fundamentals through Contra Costa County Bar (1996), California Department of Insurance Mediator. Insurance, Real Estate, Automotive disputes. Numerous EASE mediations conducted on behalf of Contra Costa County Superior Court. JAMS Arbitration experience, Civil Arbitration/Mediation experience.
JD, Law, Golden Gate University, 1988; BA, Economics/Environmental Studies, University of California at Santa Barbara - UCSB, 1980.
Member Appraisal Institute (MAI), Member California State Bar, Licensed California State Certified General Appraiser, Member Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
California, State Bar, Appraisal Institute.
Urs M. Laeuchli
Arbitration ChambersOne Market Street
Spear Tower, 36th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105 Phone: (415) 293-8099 Email: Laeuchli1@Gmail.com Website: www.Laeuchli-Arbitrator.com
ADR System Design; Collaborative Law; Conciliation; Consulting; MedArb; Negotiation.
Business; Civil Rights; Commercial; Education; Environmental; Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Issues; International; Malpractice (Legal, Medical, etc.); Probate/Trust; Real Estate.