Recent Press Releases
- September 22, 2020: The Bar Association of San Francisco Nominates Officer and Directors for 2021 Board
- September 19, 2020: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Trailblazer for Women’s Rights, Passes at 87
- July 24, 2020: The Americans with Disabilities Act Turns 30
- July 22, 2020: Nominations Are Now Being Accepted for 2021 Barristers Club Board of Directors
- July 14, 2020: BASF Criminal Justice Task Force Urges Progress on Body-Worn Camera Policy
- July 14, 2020: BASF Criminal Justice Task Force Urges Placement of Proposed Amendment to City Charter Concerning Police Department Staffing Levels on November Ballot
- July 14, 2020: BASF Criminal Justice Task Force Urges San Francisco Courts to Restore ‘Zero Bail’ As COVID-19 Cases in Jails Rise
- June 25, 2020: COVID-19 Frontline Workers Project Expands to Help More Essential Workers
- June 25, 2020: Measure to Overturn Ban on Affirmative Action Headed for the November Ballot
- June 17, 2020: Join the Legal Community in a 21-Day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge
- June 12, 2020: BASF Criminal Justice Task Force Sends Letter to Mayor Breed, Recommending Steps for Police Reform
- June 2, 2020: Black Lives Matter: A Statement of Solidarity
- May 18, 2020: BASF Joins Voices with Lawyers Allied to Uphold the Rule of Law
- April 10, 2020: Letter from BASF's Estate Planning, Probate and Trusts Section to Governor Newsom Regarding Notarization during the Public Health Emergency
- April 9, 2020: Letter to Chief Justice and Committee of Bar Examiners Regarding the Impact of COVID-19 on the July 2020 Bar Examination
- April 6, 2020: Letter from the Bar Association of San Francisco About the Release of California Inmates due to COVID-19
- March 27, 2020: Professional Conduct In Times of Crisis Calls for Heightened Civility
- March 24, 2020: Racism and Xenophobia Are Deplorable and Undermine Collective Efforts to Fight the Coronavirus Pandemic
- March 20, 2020: We're Here For You: Our Business Continuity Statement
- March 9, 2020 (with updates through April 2): Protecting Our Community: How BASF is Responding to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- March 9, 2020: ICE Continues to Make Courthouse Arrests, Undermining Safe Access to Justice
- March 1, 2020: First In-House Counsel Awards Recognize Legal Leaders in Technology, Journalism, and the Share Economy
- January 31, 2020: BASF Releases Evaluations for Election Candidates for San Francisco Superior Court Judge
- January 23, 2020: Jurisdiction for Mesa Verde Detention Facility Cases Moved From San Francisco to Van Nuys, Impacting Access to Counsel
Latest Blog Posts
Get Ready for an Evening of Inspiration and Sensation
JDC is excited to announce that the evening’s offerings will also include a cooking demonstration with Chef Mitchell Rosenthal. A ‘shockingly good cook,’ according to restaurant critic Michael Bauer, Rosenthal is the chef and co-owner of Salt House, Town Hall, and Anchor & Hope in San Francisco.
Managing Partners Mull Challenges, Share Strategies for Returning to Work
Twenty-six leaders from some of the Bay Area’s largest firms gathered virtually on June 22 to discuss challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic and share strategies for reopening their offices.
Life Planning for Life Savers: BASF and JDC Lead Pro Bono Initiative for COVID-19 Frontline Medical Workers
To help healthcare frontline workers protect themselves and their families, BASF and JDC are leading a group of Bay Area lawyers and organizations to provide free life planning assistance to qualified individuals working on the medical frontlines.
San Francisco Attorney Magazine
This quarterly magazine covers topics ranging from cyber law to workplace violence, diversity in the legal profession, discussions of legislation, and trends in law office administration—just to name a few. BASF members receive the magazine for free.
For questions about subscribing, advertising, or contributing to the magazine, or to request back issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BASF Bulletin is a monthly newspaper from the Bar Association of San Francisco. Each issue includes the monthly Continuing Legal Education calendar along with coverage of BASF events, news about the local legal community and lots of photos!
If you would like to subscribe, advertise, or access prior issues, please email email@example.com.
Register of Experts and Consultants
Our Register is published annually and lists the profiles of over 600 expert witnesses and consultants in over 300 categories. Find the professional you need.
We send several regular e-newsletters to our members, including a bi-weekly mailing of upcoming educational programs. If you are interested in signing up to our mailing list, or managing your subscriptions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.