For media inquiries, BASF issues in the news, San Francisco Attorney magazine, marketing and communications, please contact:
Recent Press Releases
- January 17, 2023: The Bar Association of San Francisco Remembers 1995 President Mel Goldman
- November 22, 2022: BASF Statement Regarding Colorado Springs Shooting
- October 11, 2022: Legal and Medical Professionals Call on Biden to End Dedicated Dockets
- June 24, 2022: BASF Statement on Roe v. Wade Decision
- June 22, 2022: BASF Statement on Gun Violence: California’s Laws Work
- June 1, 2022: Legal Community Launches Initiative to Defend Abortion Rights
- May 25, 2022: BASF Statement on Passing of e. robert (bob) wallach
- May 4, 2022: BASF Statement on Leaked Opinion Authored by Justice Alito in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
- April 19, 2022: BASF Statement on the Passing of Peter Keane
- April 8, 2022: Ketanji Brown Jackson Makes History As First African American Woman on the Supreme Court
- December 13, 2021: Seven Attorneys to Be Honored at Bar’s Annual Membership Luncheon Dec. 16
- September 21, 2021: The Bar Association of San Francisco Nominates Officer and Directors for 2022 Board
- June 21, 2021: Join the Legal Community in a 21-Day LGBTQ+ Equity Habit-Building Challenge
- May 14, 2021: BASF Statement on the Passing of Former California State Justice Cruz Reynoso
- April 20, 2021: Chauvin Verdict Provides Accountability But Hard Work Remains
- March 25, 2021: California Supreme Court Issues Unanimous, Landmark Decision in Humphrey Case Challenging the Constitutionality of Money Bail
- March 19, 2021: BASF and JDC Condemn Racism and Xenophobia
- January 20, 2021: From the San Francisco Bay Area to the White House: Kamala Harris
- January 7, 2021: BASF and JDC Strongly Condemn Violence at the U.S. Capitol, Call on Vice President and Congress to Take All Lawful Action to Constrain the President's Unlawful Conduct
Past Press Releases
To see past press releases and access the newsroom archive (for press releases from 2019 and older), please visit the newsroom archive.
Latest Blog Posts
San Francisco: Two Pandemics, One Hundred Years Apart
For my last column for San Francisco Attorney, I wanted to explore how the 1918 flu pandemic—the last global respiratory pandemic to reach San Francisco—affected our bar association and compare that to COVID-19, more than a hundred years later. Established in…
Pandemic Forces Courts and Lawyers to Reimagine Proceedings
San Francisco Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo had pre-qualified over two hundred prospective jurors in anticipation of the court’s first in-person civil jury trial since the coronavirus pandemic. She used a tape measure to make sure all twelve jurors and…
Barristers 2020: Year in Review
As I look back on 2020, it makes me think of how bar associations have always held a very special space in my heart. When I was growing up in Hawaii, my mom spent thirteen years as executive director of…
San Francisco Attorney Magazine
Read the digital Spring 2021 issue
This quarterly magazine covers topics ranging from cyber law to workplace violence, diversity in the legal profession, discussions of legislation, and trends in law office administration—just to name a few. BASF members receive the magazine for free.
For questions about subscribing, advertising, or contributing to the magazine, or to request back issues, contact email@example.com.
To find articles from past issues of the magazine, please visit our Document Libraries and choose the San Francisco Attorney magazine category from the dropdown menu.
The BASF Bulletin is a monthly digital newsletter from the Bar Association of San Francisco. Each issue includes coverage of BASF events, news about the local legal community and lots of photos!
If you would like to subscribe, advertise, or access prior issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register of Experts and Consultants
Our Register is published annually and lists the profiles of over 600 expert witnesses and consultants in over 300 categories. Find the professional you need.
This annual publication is a leading Alternative Dispute Resolution resource guide, listing mediators, arbitrators and special masters in Northern California.
We send several regular e-newsletters to our members, including a bi-weekly mailing of upcoming educational programs. If you are interested in signing up to our mailing list, or managing your subscriptions, please contact email@example.com.