William Dillin, MDSpine Surgery & Spine Medicine
Independent Spine Evaluation Inc.6100 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045 Phone: (424) 209-1879 Fax: (424) 209-1879 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.spineinformation.com
Dr. Dillin performs IME's and reviews Med-Legal and Legal cases with spine related issues.
Saman Hazany MD2800 Neilson Way
Santa Monica, CA 90405 Phone: (310) 597-2626 Email: Samanh26@gmail.com Website: www.neuroradiologyexpert.com
Traumatic Brain Injury
Board certification in Radiology
Certificate of added qualifications in neuroradiology
BS, Neuroscience, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Los Angeles, CA (06/2002)
MD, Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine (UCSD). San Diego, CA (06/2006)
Preliminary Internal Medicine internship, Martin Luther King Hospital. Los Angeles, CA (2006-2007)
Radiology residency, Staten Island University Hospital; Staten Island, NY (2007-2009)
Radiology residency, Harvard University; BIDMC; Boston, MA (2009-2011)
Neuroradiology fellowship, University of Southern California (USC); Los Angeles, CA (2011-2012)
Registration and Licenses
CA physician and surgeon license, Active (7/01/2008 - Present)
American Board of Radiology, Active (2011)
Neuroradiology Certification of Added Qualification, Active (2013)
Award-winning, Harvard trained radiologist, neuroradiologist, and traumatic brain injury (TBI) imaging expert with full-time clinical appointment at the Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System. Academic appointments at major academic centers (UCLA, and USC). Focus on Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) in concussion/mild TBI. Board and Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in radiology and neuroradiology. Extensive experience in care of patients with traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, epilepsy, and brain tumor. 14+ years experience. Extensive teaching and research leadership experience at USC (2012- present) and UCLA (2019 - present). Former Radiology department Chair and Director of Neuroradiology at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center (2012-2018). CEO and chief neuroradiology expert witness at Neuro Experts, LLC (2018-present), contributing to clinical care and medicolegal issues of numerous patients with neurological disorders. Frequent presenter and invited lecturer in neuroradiology and traumatic brain injury.
2001 Recognition of Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, Golden Key National Honor Society
2001 UCLA Undergraduate Research Scholarship Award
2003 UCSD Medical Student NIH medical research award
2006 Honored by Dr. John Hesselink (UCSD Department of neuroradiology)
2015 Whittier Foundation Neuro-Imaging Research Award
2018 RSNA Research Medical Student Grant in role of mentor and PI for awardee DeClouette, B
- Hazany S, Huang J, Haddadin Z, (2020). Chapter 15: Neuroimaging – Structural and Functional. In Blessen C. Eapen. “Brain Injury Medicine” ELSEVIER | Education, Reference, and Continuity. Maryland Heights, MO 63043.
- Jacokes, Z., Bhattrai, A., Torgerson, C., Zywiec, A., Abe, S., Irimia, A., Law, M., Hazany, S., and Van Horn, J.D. (2016) Chapter 12: “The Neuroimaging Challenges in Hemispherectomy Patients” in Mark J. Ashley and David A. Hovda, Traumatic Brain Injury; Rehabilitation, treatment, and Vase Management 4th Edition, Springer.
- Hazany S, Go J, Henderson RW, Kim P, Law M. (2016). Chapter 12: Neuroradiology: Neoplasms and Epilepsy. In Conti, Peter S., Kaushik, Aarti “PET-CT -- A Case-Based Approach” (pages 207-224). Springer Science + Business Media LLC New York.
- Elsas SM, Hazany S, Gregory WL, Mody I. Hippocampal zinc infusion delays the development of afterdischarges and seizures in a kindling model of epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2009 Apr; 50(4):870-9.
- Thomas MA, Hazany S, Ellingson BM, Hu P, Nguyen KL. Pathophysiology, classification, and MRI parallels in microvascular disease of the heart and brain. Microcirculation. 2020 Jul 8.
(refer to website for more information)
25 cases, 4 depositions