Recent Press Releases
- August 3, 2020: Justice & Diversity Center Announces Five Recipients of Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarships
- June 25, 2020: COVID-19 Frontline Workers Project Expands to Help More Essential Workers
- June 2, 2020: Black Lives Matter: A Statement of Solidarity
- April 7, 2020: Service Continuity at the Justice & Diversity Center
- April 6, 2020: JDC Joins Call on EOIR to Expedite Release for Immigrant Detainees, Close Physical Courtrooms, and Give Detainees Option for Telephonic Hearings
- April 2, 2020: Legal and Social Service Organizations Urge Judicial Council to Protect Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- March 24, 2020: Racism and Xenophobia Are Deplorable and Undermine Collective Efforts to Fight the Coronavirus Pandemic
- March 20, 2020: We Are Here For You: Our Business Continuity Statement
- March 13, 2020: Legal Services Providers and Community Benefit Organizations Ask for Moratorium on Evictions During Coronavirus Emergency
- March 9, 2020: ICE Continues to Make Courthouse Arrests, Undermining Safe Access to Justice
- January 23, 2020: Jurisdiction for Mesa Verde Detention Facility Cases Moved From San Francisco to Van Nuys, Impacting Access to Counsel
Recent Blog Posts
Get Ready for an Evening of Inspiration and Sensation
JDC is excited to announce that the evening’s offerings will also include a cooking demonstration with Chef Mitchell Rosenthal. A ‘shockingly good cook,’ according to restaurant critic Michael Bauer, Rosenthal is the chef and co-owner of Salt House, Town Hall, and Anchor & Hope in San Francisco.
Advocating for Justice: JDC’s Yolanda Jackson and Gloria Chun Share Public Interest and Social Justice Perspectives
In June, Justice & Diversity Center (JDC) Executive Director Yolanda Jackson and Director Gloria Chun shared their perspectives, research, and experience during parts one and two of a four-part remote speaker series for law students.
Life Planning for Life Savers: BASF and JDC Lead Pro Bono Initiative for COVID-19 Frontline Medical Workers
While much of the world shelters in place, our medical frontline workers—the nurses, EMTs, and custodial staff maintaining our hospitals—are putting their lives in danger every day as they go about taking care of our communities and saving lives.