Recent Press Releases
- November, 25, 2020: Justice & Diversity Center Honors Outstanding Volunteers
- August 3, 2020: Justice & Diversity Center Announces Five Recipients of Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarships
- June 25, 2020: COVID-19 Frontline Workers Project Expands to Help More Essential Workers
- June 2, 2020: Black Lives Matter: A Statement of Solidarity
- April 7, 2020: Service Continuity at the Justice & Diversity Center
- April 6, 2020: JDC Joins Call on EOIR to Expedite Release for Immigrant Detainees, Close Physical Courtrooms, and Give Detainees Option for Telephonic Hearings
- April 2, 2020: Legal and Social Service Organizations Urge Judicial Council to Protect Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- March 24, 2020: Racism and Xenophobia Are Deplorable and Undermine Collective Efforts to Fight the Coronavirus Pandemic
- March 20, 2020: We Are Here For You: Our Business Continuity Statement
- March 13, 2020: Legal Services Providers and Community Benefit Organizations Ask for Moratorium on Evictions During Coronavirus Emergency
- March 9, 2020: ICE Continues to Make Courthouse Arrests, Undermining Safe Access to Justice
- January 23, 2020: Jurisdiction for Mesa Verde Detention Facility Cases Moved From San Francisco to Van Nuys, Impacting Access to Counsel
Recent Blog Posts
Finding Opportunity in Challenging Times
This has been a year none of us expected. After so many months of doing things differently to minimize the risks of COVID-19, the memories of how things were at the beginning of the year, and last year, and the year before that, are starting to fade.
Gala Raises Close to $300,000 for JDC Legal and Diversity Programs
A feast for the senses, featuring art, music, and culinary delights, the event raised close to $300,000 to support JDC’s Legal Services Program, Homeless Advocacy Project, and Diversity Pipeline Programs including the Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarship program.
COVID-19 Frontline Workers Project Expands to Help More Essential Workers
While much of the world shelters in place, our medical frontline workers—the nurses, EMTs, and custodial staff maintaining our hospitals—are putting their lives in danger every day as they go about taking care of our communities and saving lives.