Each year, more than 50,000 individuals and businesses contact us seeking qualified, experienced legal representation from San Francisco and Marin County attorneys like you.
Our multilingual staff of trained legal interviewers carefully screens each inquiry to determine the nature of the problem. The legal interviewer prepares a brief synopsis of the case, before referring a client for an initial consultation with an insured, experienced attorney.
More than 500 attorneys participate in LRIS. They have been in practice for an average of 20 years. LRIS provides attorneys with an effective way to expand their clientele, while, at the same time, providing a much-needed public service.
LRIS Areas of Practice
To ensure that clients receive proper referrals, LRIS maintains panels in substantive areas of law.
LRIS Attorney Qualifications
Requirements for membership are among the highest of any bar-sponsored referral service in the country. The quality of service provided by LRIS is monitored through follow-up with clients.
LRIS Membership Benefits
- Cost effective: LRIS is a great way to get pre-screened clients
- Expand your practice: Last year, LRIS panel attorneys generated more than $13,500,000 in fees
- Qualified screening: We don't waste your time. Our multilingual, trained legal interviewers carefully screen each inquiry to determine the nature of the caller's legal matter
- Receive referrals in multiple areas of the law: LRIS makes referrals in over 100 areas of the law. Apply for the areas that best reflect your qualifications
LRIS Disability Rights Panel Member
The Panel is a great way to get referrals, as high a quality of referrals as you’ll find.
LRIS Personal Injury Panel member
We have had about 20 really good personal injury cases through the LRIS, and have now settled or tried our fifth, six-figure case through the Service.
Here are just a few more benefits:
- Attorney-to-Attorney Advice Program: Consult with an experienced attorney, for free
- Apprenticeship Program: Apprentice attorneys gain experience with expert panel members to ensure qualified representation of indigent defendants
- Indigent Defense Administration: If you perform services for the court, visit our library to download payment forms and get current information on policies and procedures.
- Dependency Representation Program: If you are an attorney performing services for the courts, visit our library to download payment forms you must use to get current information on policies and procedures.
- To educate as many people as possible about their legal rights
- To give as many people as possible access to affordable, competent legal representation
- To study cultural trends and investigate current social and political realities, in order to identify those most in need of access to our system of justice
- To modify and expand our capabilities and services in order to accomplish the above
The LRIS rules describe how LRIS is administered, the requirements and procedures for panel attorneys, as well as the procedures related to suspension and removal from LRIS panel membership.