How would you like to show some appreciation for your hard-working legal support staff? Now is your chance!
The Paralegal Section of The Bar Association of San Francisco is accepting nominations of your dedicated non-attorney legal professionals for our annual awards ceremony.
Show your appreciation and gratitude by nominating him or her for one of these awards:
- Paralegal of the Year
- Legal Professional of the Year
- Section Member of the Year
- Pro Bono Member of the Year
- Explain why the nominee is deserving of this award.
- Describe the specific qualifications the nominee possesses, including contributions s/he has made to the expansion of legal services that benefit the client.
- Describe activities the nominee participates in, such as pro bono projects and hours spent on a project; mentoring paralegals, new attorneys, and other legal professionals.
- How this/these individual(s) went above and beyond to provide outstanding service.
Each nominee must be a member in good standing of BASF’s Paralegal Section. Please send your Letter of Nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2017, with the above information.
SAVE THE DATE
December 6, 2017 – The Paralegal Section’s Annual Holiday Mixer, where award winners will be announced and introduced.
We look forward to celebrating all nominees and honoring those deserving of this special recognition. See you there!
Interested in being part of a dynamic team of non-attorney legal professionals? Join BASF’s Paralegal Section as a member! Better yet, join the Executive Committee!
The Executive Committee is comprised of several paralegals in various areas of law, a legal nurse consultant, a paralegal manager, a legal word processor, a legal recruiter and a former court reporter.
The Paralegal Section hit the ground running in January 2015 with this extraordinary team of legal professionals and immediately began offering powerful, relevant and timeless CLEs covering myriad topics such as: unlawful practice of the law; ethics; legal writing; preparing for trial; surrogacy; family law, forms; MS Office tips; sexual harassment; and many more.
The section is accepting applications for Paralegal Section members who would like to be on the leadership team and make a difference.
The section meets the second Wednesday of the month. Letters of interest may be addressed to email@example.com. You must be a member of both BASF and the Paralegal Section to join.
About the author:
Vickie Newman, RP, is Chair of BASF’s Paralegal Section Executive Committee.