UPDATE: A video of the broadcast is now available online: www.c-spanvideo.org/program/314035-1
Tune in to C-SPAN today for a broadcast of BASF’s panel discussion on marriage in America. The July 17 event by BASF’s LGBT Equality Committee featured an exciting discussion about the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court rulings in the same-sex marriage cases (Hollingsworth v. Perry, et al. and United States v. Windsor) and explored the impact of these cases on the marriage equality movement nationwide.
The event will be aired twice today on C-Span:
- 2:45 p.m. (PST), followed by a two-hour “Town Hall” on Marriage in America starting at 4:00 p.m.
- 10:30 p.m. (PST)
- Visit www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN for more details
The discussion included the following speakers:
- Welcoming remarks by Roger Doughty, Executive Director of the Horizons Foundation
- Matt Coles, Deputy Legal Director and Director of the ACLU Center for Equality, ACLU
- Chris Stoll, Senior Staff Attorney, NCLR
- Kristin Perry and Sandra Stier, Plaintiffs in Hollingsworth v. Perry, et al.
- Moderated by Yolanda Jackson, Deputy Executive Director and Diversity Director, The Bar Association of San Francisco