Effective October 22, 2018, all clerks’ offices will close to the public at 2 p.m. every day, San Francisco Superior Court announced recently. The reduction of two hours per day is necessary to meet a budget-driven decrease in staffing. Court staffing levels have decreased by 30 percent over the past ten years.
All of the clerks’ offices are affected by the reduction in hours. These clerks’ offices are located at:
- Civil Clerk’s Office, 400 McAllister Street, Civic Center Courthouse, Room 103
- Unified Family Court Clerk’s Office, 400 McAllister Street, Civic Center Courthouse, Room 402
- Criminal Clerk’s Office, 850 Bryant Street, Hall of Justice, Room 101
- Traffic Court Clerk’s Office, 850 Bryant Street, Hall of Justice, Room 145
- Juvenile Delinquency Clerk’s Office, 375 Woodside Avenue, Juvenile Justice Center, Room 101
All clerks’ offices will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drop boxes will be available outside each main entrance of all clerk’s offices between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Documents received in the drop box by 4 p.m. will be processed with a same-day filing date.
Any person wishing to comment on the Court’s plan for these limited service days may provide written comment by emailing email@example.com. The public comment period will close on October 19, 2018.