Congratulations to the following Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) members who are being honored by the Minority Bar Coalition with Unity Awards:
- Marisa Chun, McDermott Will & Emery, was selected for the award by the Justice & Diversity Center (JDC). She was nominated for her work on JDC’s 1L Open Doors program;
- Eric P. Brown, Altshuler Berzon, was selected by the American Constitution Society;
- Olivia Serene Lee, Minami Tamaki, was selected by the American Immigration Lawyers Association;
- BASF board member Miriam Kim, Munger Tolles & Olson, was selected by the Asian American Bar Association;
- Felicia Medina, Medina Orthwein, was selected by Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom;
- BASF board member Terrance Evans, Duane Morris, was selected by the Charles Houston Bar Association
- Valerie Fenchel, Fenchel Family Law, was selected by the Jewish Bar Association of San Francisco
- Dorothy Chou Proudfoot, San Francisco Rent Board, was selected by the Women Lawyers of Alameda County
The awards are being presented on November 13 during the Minority Bar Coalition’s Unity Awards reception. This year’s Unity Awards reception will be held at 198 McAllister Street at U.C. Hastings Law School, on November 13, 2018, in the Louis B. Mayer room on the ground floor.
Unity Awards honor individuals who have shown dedication to working in a unified manner to advance the cause of diversity in the legal profession.