The BASF Labor and Employment Section Executive Committee is currently accepting applications for: in-house or management-side attorney.
Representing the diverse makeup of the Section, the Committee includes management attorneys, union attorneys, attorneys representing employees, neutrals, and government attorneys.
If you are interested in joining Section leadership, please apply with a resume and answers to the following four questions:
- Describe your practice
- Describe the activities you have engaged in with respect to bar associations, other legal organizations or non-profits, and/or the federal and state courts
- Describe why you are interested in serving on the Executive Committee
- List any suggested topics you would like to see the Labor and Employment Section cover in the next couple of years and/or a possible program you would like to lead
An Executive Committee Member/Officer for the current in-house or management-side representative vacancy should work at a law firm with a local presence, have practiced labor and/or employment law for at least ten years, and be willing to commit to the following:
- Active membership in BASF and the Labor and Employment Section
- Attend scheduled section meetings. Note that Executive Committee members are expected to: (1) participate (in person or by phone) in at least 50 percent of the Committee’s monthly meetings, and (2) plan at least one brownbag, Yosemite panel, or other section program every year
- Attend CLE programs sponsored by the Labor and Employment Section
- Contribute and provide ideas how the Section can educate its members
- Contribute and provide ideas on networking and special events
- Grow Section membership and participation
- A minimum of a three-year commitment
Previous Section participation and experience with planning educational programs are factors considered in the appointment review.
If you applied in years past, and continue to be interested, please resubmit your application. The Committee is committed to the recruitment of applicants with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
The deadline to email your submission to: