The 2019 Minority Law Student Scholarship Application is now available online. Students can download the application at www.sfbar.org/scholarships.
The 2019 application deadline has been extended to May 8, 2019.
Thanks to the generosity of the legal community, the Justice & Diversity Center (JDC) continues to be able to offer single-year and multi-year scholarships through the Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarship program.
Our scholarship program was established in 1998 in response to the passage of SP-1, the University of California Regents’ resolution to end affirmative action and race-based admissions at UC schools. In twenty years, we have awarded over 2 million dollars in scholarships to more than 100 students.
We have had great success stories from past recipients who have become associates with some of the top law firms, public interest offices, corporations and government including: Keker, Van Nest & Peters; Morrison & Foerster; LuxBus America, San Mateo District Attorney’s Office, California Rural Legal Assistance Inc., Square, Worksafe Inc., and the United States Department of Justice. One recipient clerked for the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, and another recent recipient is a Fulbright Scholar.
This success would not be possible without the strong and generous support from the Bay Area legal community. Sponsors of the scholarship program have included:
- SF-Marin Lawyer Referral and Information Service of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Arthur and Charlotte Zitrin Foundation
- James Brosnahan and Judge Carol Brosnahan
- Joe Remcho Scholarship, funded by Dr. Ruth Shaber
- Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass
- Keker, Van Nest & Peters
- Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein
- Morrison & Foerster (partners group)
- Morrison & Foerster Foundation
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Say Hey Foundation
- Stuart Plunkett, Baker Botts
If interested in supporting this successful and transformative program, please contact Diversity Director Samantha Akwei at email@example.com.