After spending the better part of 2015 studying the San Francisco rental market, The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) Lease Committee recommended that the organization continue to call 301 Battery Street its home. A new agreement was negotiated with the Bently Reserve and a five-year lease was signed effective January 2016.
Thank you to the many people who were involved, and who spent numerous hours working on analysis and options in a very difficult rental market, including:
- Chris Bently, Anne Hill, and Brady Frey of the Bently Reserve for their continued support of the work done by BASF and the Justice & Diversity Center (JDC) in our community
- Steve Berkman and Jamie Brown of Paul Hastings for their pro bono legal expertise in the real estate market
- Jay Sternberg and Scott MacIntrye of Colliers International for guiding the committee through the process
- BASF/JDC officers: Tim Moppin, Michael Tubach, Merri Baldwin, and Malcolm Heinicke
- BASF/JDC Executive Director Yolanda Jackson and BASF CFO Sandy Rodriguez and several staff members from BASF and JDC
BASF’s legal community center will continue to feature an environmentally friendly office, smart systems, a conference center providing on-site legal education and training, and a dedicated member lounge open during business hours.