This program helps attorneys and clients avoid the time and expense of taking a fee dispute to court. At issue is the amount of fees and/or costs the client must pay, or has already paid to the attorney.
In general, BASF has jurisdiction in a fee dispute if:
- The attorney or the law firm has an office in San Francisco
- The attorney or the law firm had an office in San Francisco at the time the
- services (or a substantial portion of the services) were provided
- The client lives in San Francisco, and there is no local arbitration program available in the county where the attorney practices
- The amount in dispute is over $1,000
Each party pays an administrative fee (a percentage of the amount of the dispute). This fee covers up to four hours of fee dispute mediation and up to eight hours of arbitration time from our panel of experts. If your dispute requires more time, there may be extra fees.