Part-time Program Assistant, Court Programs
Work in a legal environment dedicated to equal access to justice. The Bar Association of San Francisco has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Part-time Program Assistant, supporting our Court Appointment Programs.
The Program Assistant is responsible for performing data entry, correcting billing entries and vendor identification, and maintaining files for requests for compensation from Court-appointed attorneys, private investigators and expert witnesses in adult criminal, juvenile delinquency and dependency cases. This position also performs data entry of conflicts appointment information reported by panel members; and assists with peer reference evaluations for panel members, Fee Audit Program for Criminal, Juvenile Delinquency, and Juvenile Dependency bills, and in running reports regarding statistical analysis of bills and budget for Conflicts Programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and expertise sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Assists with receipt of mailed compensation requests (date stamp, scan, organize for database)
- Ability to communicate in person, on the telephone, and in writing in a clear and courteous manner
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills (professional and diplomatic interactions)
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced environment and independently prioritize with high attention to detail, accuracy and speed
- Ability to produce database reports, perform statistical analysis, and maintain records
- Ability to work closely and collegially with staff, attorney members, non-attorney vendors, volunteers, and court representatives
- Ability to be self-directed and work as part of a team
- Proficiency in general use of database systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), and Adobe Professional
Why Work For Us:
We offer a collaborative work environment, a progressive work culture, and a wonderfully diverse staff. Additionally, we are a mission and values based organization.
We also offer a generous benefits package that includes: a choice of medical insurance plans, dental insurance, vision insurance, pretax commuter, health, and dependent care accounts, employer paid short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement and profit-sharing benefit, and more.
Starting salary is competitive with other nonprofits. BASF is strongly committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who can contribute to our diversity.
We will begin reviewing candidates immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, BASF, 301 Battery Street, Third Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111or BASFjobs@sfbar.org (please reference Part-time Program Assistant.) Open until filled.
No phone calls please. Due to the number of resumes we receive each day, we will not be able to respond individually with the status of your application.