Goal of Mind the Gap Initiative
To provide recent law school graduates who are unemployed or underemployed with training, work experience, mentorship and debt reduction information. This initiative will consist of five key components.
- TRAINING: Valuable practical/lawyering skills training, as well as training and information regarding starting your own practice
- EXPERIENCE: Hands on experience with Justice & Diversity Center's (JDC) Legal Services Program case work
- MENTORING: Mentoring from JDC staff attorneys and other volunteers, including alumni networks
- CONNECTIONS: Assist participants with networking and connecting with firms for potential contract or other legal positions
- DEBT REDUCTION: Provide debt reduction information and seminars
Complete the Mind the Gap application (93KBPDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include why you want to get involved and your current employment status.
Send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in being a mentor in this initiative.
More information on becoming a mentor.
Visit Robert Half Legal, a co-sponsor of the Mind the Gap program.