Bar Association of San Francisco Events Calendar
The Intellectual Property Section presents
IP BYTES: Hot Topics in Copyright Law
January 30, 2014:
MCLE Credits - 1.5 H, Lunch will be provided.
Online registration to attend in-person is not available within 48 hours of event
Register for IN-PERSON event by fax or phone
Can't attend in-person?
Webcast registration is available until event starts.
To register for the Webcast click here!
Julie Ahrens, Stanford Fair Use Project
Scott Andrews, eBay Inc.
Jocelyn Belloni, K&L Gates LLP
Jonathan Blavin, Munger Tolles & Olson LLP
Caleb Donaldson, Google Inc.
Frank Goldberg, Zynga Inc.
Deepak Gupta, Farella Braun + Martel LLP
Sebastian Kaplan, Fenwick & West LLP
Shannon King, Chevron Corporation
Meagan Given, The Clorox Company
Topics that will be covered
• Julie Ahrens, ”Google Books and the Evolution of Fair Use”
• Scott Andrews, “The Future of Digital Goods’ Resale: ReDigi, UsedSoft and the First Sale Doctrine”
• Jocelyn Belloni, “Should Copyright Law’s Transformative Use Test Apply to Right of Publicity Cases?”
• Jonathan Blavin, “Does Technical Architecture Matter? Cablevision, Aereo, and the Public Performance Right in
• Caleb Donaldson, “Takedown or Shakedown: Misrepresentations under DMCA Section 512(f)”
• Frank Goldberg, “Copyright Trends in the Video Game Space”
• Deepak Gupta, “Seeking Any Port in a Storm: The DMCA Safe Harbor”
• Sebastian Kaplan, “Can Copyright Control User-Directed Copying Technologies Like Hopper and Aereo?”
• Shannon King, “Pragmatic International Copyright Practices for Global Companies”
• Chris Lockard, “Poses, Bats and Copycats: Recent Decisions on What is Copyrightable
Section Chairs: Eugene Mar, Farella Braun + Martel LLP
BASF Conference Center
301 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
MCLE Registration: 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Lunch/Program: 12:00 -1:45 p.m.
Event Code: G142501
Questions about our seminars and the registration