Bar Association of San Francisco Events Calendar
The Arbitration Committee of the ADR Section and Antitrust & Business Regulation present
AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion: A year later?"
March 21, 2012:
MCLE Credits - 1 H, This is a brown bag luncheon.
Online registration to attend in-person is not available within 48 hours of event
Register for IN-PERSON event by fax or phone
Can't attend in-person?
Webcast registration is available until event starts.
To register for the Webcast, click here!
AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion and its Aftermath
Donald M. Falk
Mayer Brown LLP
Represented AT&T in the case
Jonathan E. Gertler
Chavez & Gertler
President, San Francisco
Trial Lawyers Association
John S Worden
Schiff Hardin, LLP
Chair, Arbitration Committee
On April 27, 2011, the United States Supreme Court ruled (5–4) that the Federal Arbitration Act preempts state laws that prohibit contracts from disallowing class action lawsuits. By permitting contracts that exclude class action arbitration, the high court’s decision will make it much harder for consumers to file class action lawsuits. The lawyers who handled the case and oppose its result will discuss and debate the following:
• How has the decision shaken out so far?
- including a review of the Second Circuit’s recent AmEx III decision
• What is left to find out on the California and federal levels?
• What is the next shoe to drop?
• What is the plaintiffs bar doing to adjust/adapt?
• Is there any chance of legislative or executive intervention?
• How does the defense bar view the future?
BASF Conference Center
301 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
MCLE Registration: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Program: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Event Code: G124104
Questions about our seminars and the registration